Focusrite MOSC0028 Scarlett 18i8 (3nd Gen) [HM1747_1]
Availability: Normally available within 3 - 7 days
- 18 in / 8 out USB audio interface
- The 3rd Generation Scarlett 18i8 gives you all the tools to record all your instruments in studio quality, anywhere. With its high channel count, compact size and a huge selection of software in the box, 18i8 is ready to record your band wherever you are.
- Four of the best performing Scarlett mic preamps the range has ever heard – now with Air – for miking up guitars or recording vocals
- Two high headroom instrument inputs, for plugging your guitar or bass straight in
- Eight balanced line inputs, for connecting synths or other line-level audio, and four balanced outputs, for monitoring and effects sends
- Four monitor outs, featuring anti-thump tech and speaker switching
The first pair of 18i8’s four mic pres offer Mic/Line/Instrument on universal XLR/TRS connectors, while 3 and 4 offer Mic/Line capability on universal XLRs. All four are on the front panel and include pads and 48V phantom power. Four more line inputs are provided on TRS connectors. An ADAT optical digital connector provides eight additional digital inputs that can also be used with external mic preamps like Focusrite's OctoPre Mk II to increase the number of mic inputs the 18i8 can handle to 12. A stereo S/PDIF coaxial input is also included.
Two TRS monitor outputs are provided, plus stereo S/PDIF coax and two independent stereo headphone outputs – each with their own volume control, so artist and engineer can adjust their own monitoring settings. No breakout cables are required: all analogue inputs and outputs have their own connectors, and all feature Focusrite precision 24-bit, 96kHz sampling A/D and D/A conversion to get the most accurate signal possible into and out of recording applications on Windows, Mac® and now iOS apps.
Scarlett 18i8 is housed in a compact red unibody metal case to withstand the rigours of the road – and the studio. Input level controls feature signal halos – LED rings around the level control that give a simple and immediate go/no-go level indication: green means there is a recordable signal while red indicates overload. A large main monitor knob with mute button means that main monitor levels are always at your fingertips.
|UNSPC Code||52161514 - Audio and visual equipment|